Everybody loves a good ol’ pro’s and con’s list. TBH we asked the FHOC crew and most of us have totes used these to make many all important life decisions – Do I shop at Woolies or Coles? Do I die my hair black or blonde? Do I really need to buy all the things at Kmart or na? Woookay, not decisions like that, but you get the idea.
If you’re still weighing up whether to build or own, we’ve buckled down and put together a nifty pro’s and con’s list which might help you make that decision.
K we’re biased, but there really are many perks to owning a new home, so we’ve outlined em here for you.
New Homes – The PERKS
- Never been lived in.
- You get to choose your design
- You get to choose your colours
- New Homes come with 6 months maintenance and structural warrantees
- Appliances etc. are all under manufacturers warranty, and new
- You have the latest up to date technology
- New homes are safer
- New homes are more energy efficient (6 star)
- Homes are built and engineered to the latest BCA
- Termite treated with warrantees
- Lower maintenance
- More efficient
- Your eligible for the maximum grant
- No stamp duty
- Low deposit
- May not be to modern day building and engineering codes
- Less efficient to run
- Higher maintenance & costs
- May be subject to chemical damage causing health issues
- May have owner maintenance work carried out that can be non compliant
- You may be purchasing ongoing problems
- Need to factor in extra funds for the unexpected bill
- You might purchase and have to fork out a huge bill
- Often have to fork out big $$$ for stamp duty
- Higher deposit
Do You Qualify?
"*" indicates required fields